Saturday, December 20, 2014

Two weeks late! Catching up! I love the story that happens on Saturday!

During fast and testimony meeting in one of the wards that I cover a guy got up and talked about how a couple days ago he was able to see the temple lights for the first time since moving here from Canada. He described his experience and how it was so beautiful, then he said  "For anyone who hasn't had the opportunity, take the flashlight on the back of your phone, shine it in your eyes. Then get your roommate to hit you in the shins so it feels like a stroller is hitting you. Its like going to temple square..with out really going"... (Not my experience) 

At the close of this transfer I'll be bidding me companion adieu, she is heading back home to Boston. For awhile I was freaking out about having to be in this are by myself, I imagine most of you know the feeling..inadequacy. Especially when we start comparing ourselves to others. Since Sister Curtis is leaving, I was able to go to the Jordan River temple with all the departing missionaries. It was such a blessing to be able to take my worries and concerns to the Lord. 
I didn't walk out of the temple with the scriptures magically memorized, my fear of approaching someone random on the street wasn't gone..weaknesses weren't taken away, but i felt a sense of peace that even though it wont be easy..it'll be possible. (perfect)
I cant even begin to write out all of the tender mercies that I have experienced this past week, but it was made clear to me that Heavenly Father has my back as long as I keep doing what He has asked of me. 

Saturday
Hellan Lee was baptized, we found her through a member that had a class with her. Hellan came up to her and said "How can I learn more about the Mormons?". When her baptismal date was getting closer we started asking Hellan who it was that she wanted to baptize her. She didn't have a whole lot of friends that were guys in the ward, but she did remember that a guy name Jason Davis had taught a Sunday school that she had attended. She thought that his lesson was very moving, so even though they didn't really know each other she asked Jason if he could baptize her.
So the special day comes around, Hellan decides the she would like to bare her testimony (for the first time) after she was baptized. Then Jason asked if he could bare his testimony as well.
After Hellan got changed out of her wet clothes she bore her testimony. The spirit was to strong it was palpable! I cant get over it! It a testimony most of us might be familiar with..."there were so many different churches, all saying that they taught the truth.." Then Jason got up to bare his, when he was on a mission he was diagnosed with some health issue and had to leave four months into his mission...wasn't able to see anyone get baptized that he taught. Now he is 27 and this was the first baptism that he was able to perform, none of us knew about this. In his patriarchal blessing it said he would enter the waters of baptism, and this never made sense to him..almost a decade later, there he was standing in front of us all thanking Heavenly Father.  He was finally able to understand what his blessing was talking about.

This week was definitely a week of growth, I was able to see my companion finish out strong. We were teaching all day up until the very end, and it has helped me see the kind of missionary that i want to be at the end of my mission. I am so grateful for the continuous experiences that I am able to have as I serve the Lord, the refiners fire is real and I can feel Heavenly Father using me everyday to reach out to those in need, in turn shaping me into who He knows I can be.

I love you all dearly,
Sister Efnor







 These are the two Koreans that she and Sister Curtis taught and were baptized.


 She originally sent this one to my brother with the caption that said... BOSS MISSIONARY... of course the words just kidding followed.



1 comment:

  1. oh my darling,darling,Dodie!! You are my Sunshine and my Hero!!!
    I love you so very much!!!!
    Oma

    ReplyDelete