Saturday, December 20, 2014

Last Monday's email... One more p-day and then SKYPE with my girl!


So...they put two Samoans together LOL yes, Sister Aiasau is my new companion! President Eberhardt came up to us and said with a smirk "I lose sleep over this companionship" haha Truly inspired! CHEEEHOOOO!
Miracle/Blessing/Whatever you want to call it, it was awesome...
Saturday we went around on visits to invite all of the people we are teaching to come to church. Our investigator Dave lives in a complex where there are 4 other guys. Its one big house that is split up into apartments, so when we rang the main doorbell it rang to all of the apartments. Sorry, (not sorry) Because then we met Qi (its Chinese)! He came to answer the door, we said that we were looking for Dave, then quickly transitioned into "We are missionaries for..." BOOM! He accepted to meet with the Chinese elders the very next day. Fast forward to Sunday, we are sitting in a ward council meeting when we get a text from the Chinese elders saying that Qi offered the closing prayer, said that he was feeling lost, and set up a return appointment. Merry Christmas one and ALL!
I feel like with every new companion I learn about something that I have been doing wrong lol It amazes me how directions, rules, etc., get lost in translation. Its all good though, this life is all about becoming better and changing, embracing the refiners fire. Throw me in the furnace baby! lol

This past week has really been great though, Sister Aiasau and I get along really well. She came from serving YSA in Holladay, so she already is use to the ways of the young adults. 
I was really worried about taking over this area, 5 wards is a lot of people and a lot of area. Mucho responsibility. Even though there have been times where i just scream in my mind "WHAT AM I DOING?!?!", i can feel Heavenly Father blessing our companionship with unity, our area with more success, and our members with a desire to share the gospel to their friends.
I was asked a couple days ago what the hardest part of my mission has been, first answer was definitely inadequacy. There was a quote from Elder Holland that really helped me through this "You aren't meant to do this alone, and you shouldn't even try..." those feelings of not measuring up only come when I am not leaning on who I need to be leaning on. The nights when I have offered up my will to God, have always brought forth blessings the next day. Its like 1+1=5...(just kidding mom, i know it equals 2 lol)..if we do this and this, then we will get the blessings that our Father promises. Why it took me going on a mission to get that one straight, i have no idea. But I've seen it work, I know it works, I have a testimony of this simple principle.
Sister Aiasau and I have a lot more in common then I thought we would, aside from being foxy Samoans LOL Forewarning I'm about to get real cliche...Everyone is fighting their own battle, and i have definitely learned that this past week.  We are never alone, even if there isn't anyone on this earth who has felt or dealt with what you have there is one who has.  He has been through it all.  We cant see him but we can come to know him and of the love he has for each of us. There is beauty to be found in the atonement, there is forgiveness, love, and unity with Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I love you all so very much and I pray that in this season, and even in the seasons where we don't decorate trees and hang up lights, that we will strive to be closer to our Savior.

Keep it real. Keep it righteous.
Sister Efnor                            

                                          We had a ward Christmas party at the top of Zions bank.
                                          This is a Tongan family that we visit.  They are dancing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment